WIE(VR) - Women in Engineering (Vancouver Region)
“Networking across workplaces, engineering fields and universities.”
If you are serious about leveraging the free social media platforms to build your professional brand
and properly position yourself in the market then this is the course for you!
Social Media For The Independent Professional is a course specifically focused on creating a strategy that can be easily implemented with a LinkedIn account then expanded to the other major social media platforms.
WIE(VR) is pleased to present Njeri Watkins Entertainment Business Strategist and Consultant
Speaker: Njeri Watkins.
Date: Thursday, April 4th, 2013
Place: YWCA downtown Ð Welch 1 & 2 Room, 4th Floor, 535 Hornby Street, Vancouver, Map
Cost: $12 in advance, $15 at the door (students and unemployed $5 in advance, $7 at the door)
Join us on April 4th for this presentation on social media for the independant professional.
Light snacks and refreshments will be served. Networking after the workshop.
The topics covered will reveal the S.M.A.R.T Social Media Strategy System which will include:
- Building a solid online identity that establishes credibility and rapport with your target audience, decision makers and key stakeholders in your industry and across social media channels
- Leveraging LinkedIn to promote your expertise, gain access to influencers, stay on top of relevant opportunities and industry news in your niche
- Creating a customized S.M.A.R.T Social Media Plan to properly position yourself across the major social media platforms or run your own social media campaign
- Managing your database of contacts so you can take full advantage of the existing opportunities in your warm market, new opportunities from referral business and introductions to key individuals of companies that you wish to engage
- Organizing curated content, selecting daily activities and utilizing the tools that to manage your online activity so you can easily engage your network, minimize time online, and build a collective of professional supporters and business associates
You will also gain valuable insights from success stories of independent professionals in various disciplines who are reaping the rewards of job offers, new clients, speaking engagements and client referrals from using this strategic approach. Take advantage full advantage of all the professional benefits by ensuring purposeful engagement in all your social media activity. There are unlimited opportunities and unprecedented potential online exposure that is now available to you for little or no cost across with the implementation of a S.M.A.R.T Social Media Strategy.
Njeri Watkins is an entertainment business strategist and consultant with over 15 years experience
in creative project management, leadership, industry development, and entertainment business affairs.
Known for her expertise in consulting with entertainment and media professionals, Njeri has developed
an exceptional ability to lead others in realizing their capabilities, map out their vision, and achieve
their goals. Njeri brings a very organized and highly strategic approach to transitioning into the
entertainment industry, managing an entertainment career and navigating creative projects into the marketplace.
Njeri's commitment to empowering and educating entertainment and media professionals has spawned the development of several courses and a Vancouver based consulting firm that provides specialized services in accelerated career progression and strategic planning in business affairs to burgeoning high achieving entertainment and media professionals.
Njeri is currently an instructor for UBC Continuing Studies Department where she teaches LinkedIn in the Social Media Division. She has been invited to speak at conferences, on various panels, government training programs, and business networking events. Njeri is a certified consultant and instructor, graduate of The Entertainment Administration Program from The University of British Columbia. Prior to running her own firm, Njeri was contracted to provide support services and facilitate training programs with the following organizations: British Columbia Film, Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television, Atlantic Film Festival, Heritage Canada, and Human Resources Development Canada.
WIE(VR). Last updated February 24th, 2013.